Organic Green Tea ~ camellia sinensis leaf extract
Green Tea is one of the most popular beverages consumed worldwide and is been correlated with lots of benefits for human health especially because of it’s high content of minerals which dried leaves of tea still preserve. The extract of the plant has shown to protect the skin cells of oxidative stress, which on long term can cause aging, saggy skin. Together with Vitamin C and E in its composition, creates a truly antioxidant defense system.
Organic Green Tea Extract is particularly interesting when it comes to after sun skin care. Several studies are available regarding photoprotection and anti-inflammatory activities after application. The principal chemical constituents of green tea are polyphenols. One of them (epigalocatechin-gallate) has been shown to reduce UV carcinogenesis. Recent studies also suggest that green tea polyphenols have UV protective effects because of their ability to repair DNA.
Green Tea Extract is an amazing ingredient in skincare and it’s presence between ingredients can be easily recognised because it turns the colour of the cream from white to brown.
- has strong antioxidant properties,
- protects the skin against UVA and UVB rays
- makes the skin firmer
- protects the skin against free radicals
- anti-aging, firming properties
- enlighten dull skin, improves skin complexion
- stabilizes the links between collagen
- cell regenerative
- soothes and relieves sensitive skin
- protects the skin of photoaging damage
NatureSpa Organic Skin Care made with Green Tea Extract:
- in 2012 Protective Mechanisms of Green Tea Polyphenols in Skin was published, showing that Extract is anti inflammatory, significant antioxidant and photoprotective for the skin.
- a review on literature was published in 2010 on NCBI:”Beneficial effects of green tea: A literature review” where the authors shows the capabilities of the plant o protect the cells against environmental damage through the antioxidants levels.