Organic Acerola Cherry
Organic Acerola Cherry ∼ Malpighia emarginata fruit
Evergreen acerola trees thrive in the warm climates of South America, Central America, California and Florida. Acerola fruits have one of the highest concentration of natural vitamin C that regarding the skin will strengthen collagen fibers impeding premature aging. Organic Acerola Cherry is not only rich in vitamin C, it also contains vitamin A that prevents dry skin because one of it’s main functions is to regulate the activity of sebaceous glands – the ones that naturally keep our skin moisturized, and Vitamin B. A lack of Vitamin B can cause redness of the skin. It also contains carotenoids, flavonoids and is valued as an important source of antioxidants.
- strong antioxidant, protects agains UVA and UVB, keeps blackheads away.
- rich in Vitamin C and A
- protects against damage caused by free radicals (free radicals are damaging molecules caused by stress, pollution, smoking, UV that attached themselves to the skin causing wrinkles, pigmentation, blackheads, sagging skin)
- promotes collagen production (the flexible protein found in skin that prevents wrinkles appearance)
- Protects skin against premature ageing
- promotes healthy-looking skin
- especially suitable for mature, dull skin
- increases skin’s luminosity
- Acerola cherries provide more vitamin C than all other food sources, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- In a laboratory study published in Plant Foods for Human Nutrition in 2011, researchers found that acerola extract may fight oxidative stress (an aging-related process).
- In a study of various vitamin C containing fruits, acerola outperformed all the rest, especially when grown organically. The fruit has reportedly higher amounts of vitamin C than oranges and strawberries. Acerola was also found to be a significant source of vitamin A.
- Recent studies affirm that acerola is antioxidant-rich.
Organic Acerola Powder can be found in following NatureSpa Organic Skin Care products: