Organic Acmella oleracea is a species of flowering herb in the family Asteraceae also known as Toothache Plant or Jambu.
Being tropical plant, locals will grow Acmella Oleracea for it’s pain relieving action that has on a toothache. It is also used as condiment in the Northern Brazilian cuisine. As a medicinal plant is still used in our days to treat conditions like toothache, rheumatic pains, fever and flu. It seems that Toothache Plant has lots of similarities with Echinacea plant, especially by increasing immune system. Lots of research was done in this area that shows that parts of the plant can be consumed to increase the number of white cells that destroy bacteria in our body.
- helps to fade out wrinkles and reduces the most obvious signs of aging by slowing down the micro-contractions of facial muscles.
- strengthens collagen fibers, action that has the key role to prevent wrinkles formation.
- helps to restructure the dermis architecture
- firms the skin on long term usage
- acts from inside of the skin which makes it very efficient in anti-aging applications
- efficient in body firming care, body sculpting, anti-stretch mark treatments
- Antioxidant / S. acmella Leaves, stems Methanol DPPH, SOD assay
- L. Schubnel published a research in 2007, in SOFW Journal where he claims that Acmella “exhibits powerful activity to stimulate, reorganize and strengthen the collagen network offering key benefits in anti-aging applications”.
- In 2013 research studies have shown that extract of Acmella Oleracea is able to penetrate the skin.
- In 2016 a research was published in Revista Brasileira de Farmacognosia about Effects of Acmella oleracea methanolic extract and fractions on the tyrosinase enzyme that shows Acmella Oleracea having anti wrinkle, anti inflammatory effects and also helping the skin with eczema.
Organic Acmella Oleracea can be found in following NatureSpa Organic Skin Care products: