Maca (Lepidium Meyenii) it’s a plant that grows on high altitudes in Andes and that became extremely popular in XX century because of it’s nutritious content for health purposes. The Peruvian native population in the central Andes use Maca root as a food supplement highly trusted for it’s health benefits.
Maca Root developed its way as an ingredient in skin and hair care products because contains vitamins such as B1, B2, C and E and many minerals including zinc, calcium, phosphorous and potassium. Maca Root also contains skin essentials, which nourish the skin and strengthen collagen links.
As we age the levels of collagen found in our skin decrease, which can leave the skin looking aged and saggy. Therefore the increase in collagen synthesis only improves the skins appearance by reducing wrinkles and fine lines and leaving the skin looking toned and firm.
- stimulates hair growth
- protects the hair from environmental stress
- strengthens the hair supporting multiplying of cells
- protects the skin against ultraviolet radiation
- increases the collagen density in dermis reducing wrinkles and fine lines
- stimulates collagen synthesis
- improves skin elasticity and firmness
- nourishes the skin
- helps the skin to became more radiant
Organic Maca Root is used in following NatureSpa Organic Skin Care Products:
- Reserch in complementary medicine, published in 2009: “Lepidium meyenii (Maca): A Plant from the Highlands of Peru – from Tradition to Science” where Gustavo F. Gonzales, Carla Gonzales and Cynthia Gonzales-Castañeda conclude that Maca offers protection for skin against UV radiation.
- Studies have proven that Maca Root stimulates the production of fibroblasts, cells that produce connective tissue like collagen, in our dermis which has the role to assure firm, youthful looking skin. – 2014, NCBI
Top Customer Choices:
- Deep Hydration Face Cream
- Hair Loss Mask
- Anti Wrinkle Face Cream
- Anti – Aging Face Cream
- Anti Acne Face Cream