Organic Rose hip Extract: Anti aging and Soothing for skin
Traditional medicine becomes a source of inspiration for everyone that looks for a natural way to live. For more than 2000 years Rose hip have been used in Herbal Medicine as a treatment for lots of diseases and conditions of the skin.
The most POWERFUL source of antioxidants?
In 2002 a group of scientist published an extraordinary research in which they compared antioxidants levels in 2000 fruits and vegetables from all around the world and Rose hip exceeded all, having the largest amount of antioxidants.
What are antioxidants and why are important for skin?
Everyone is talking about antioxidants and I want to give a short and clear description, so that everyone understands the critical aspect of antioxidants.
Antioxidants are substances that protect cells from oxidative damage, that can be caused by external factors like UV rays, pollution or internal factors like oxidative stress (result of cellular energy production). When oxidative damage occurs, an inflammatory response will be triggered by formation of FREE RADICALS.
Free radicals cause damage to cells, lipids and proteins in the skin and are the main reason of premature skin AGING. Antioxidants suppress the activity of free radicals, making them essential in a successful skincare routine.
foods rich in antioxidants
Antioxidants are important to be present in diet as well as in skincare products.
Foods rich in antioxidants include berries (red and blue are high in antioxidants), grapes, pomegranate, pineapple, kale, red cabbage, ginger, oats, walnuts. As supplement, rose hip can be added in diet, grapeseed extract or Vitamin C to increase the intake of antioxidants.
For skin, Organic Rose hip (Rosa Canina) Extract it is extremely beneficial being abundant in Fatty acids (fuel molecules for cell’s membrane) some of which are essential for our health because it have been demonstrated to have anti – inflammatory effect like Linoleic Acid, as well as having the key role to maintain skin supple thanks to Oleic Acid (non-essential fatty acid).
Linoleic acid is a very important Omega-3 fatty acid that has to be supplied through diet or cosmetic products because is not produced by our skin, being a component of Ceramide 1 – the most important when comes to the healthy, hydrated appearance of the skin. Fatty acids are essential for a healthy barrier of the skin.
This aspects makes the Rose hip Extract an extraordinary ingredient in anti aging applications. More than that, Organic Rose hip Extract is concentrated in skin essentials like vitamin A, C and E that are hugely important for healthy skin.
Benefits of Organic Rose hip Extract:
- soothes the skin affected by eczema and rosacea
- protects the skin against sun damage
- fades out skin pigmentation
- diminishes fine lines and wrinkles, scars
- supports cellular regeneration
- intensive repair for dry skin
- slows down aging
- has anti inflammatory properties
- rejuvenates the skin, improving natural glow
- abundant in antioxidants
Organic Rose hip Extract can be found in following NatureSpa Organic Skin Care products:
ORGANIC RETINOL ANTI AGING FACIAL SERUM WITH SEABUCKTHORN OIL
ORGANIC SMOOTHING EYE CREAM: ANTI AGING PEPTIDES AND FRANKINCENSE
Studies and research:
- In 2015 was published “The effectiveness of a standardized rose hip powder, containing seeds and shells of Rosa canina, on cell longevity, skin wrinkles, moisture, and elasticity” by L Phetcharat, K Wongsuphasawat, and K Winther. In this study, after 8 weeks of treatment with rosehip powder, it can be seen an improvement in skin elasticity and moisture content.
- Also in 2015 “Evolution of Post-Surgical Scars Treated with Pure Rose hip Seed Oil” was published in Journal of Cosmetics, Dermatological Sciences and Applications. The conclusion of the research was that rose hip oil improved the skin discoloration and overall appearance of the scars.
- In 2002 was published an extensive paper “Halvorsen BL, Holte K, Myhrstad MC, et al. A systematic screening of total antioxidants in dietary plants. J Nutr. 2002″ in which total of antioxidants of dietary fruits and vegetables from all over the world were measured and Rosa Hip scored the largest amount from all the plants examined.
Love this! I just wrote about rosehip oil myself last night and products with it in. It’s a wonderful ingredient that’s hugely underrated. Great post!
Siobhan ~ http://www.veganbabelife.co.uk
Thank you Sioghan! Hopefully we will appreciate more this pseudo fruit and start looking for it in our skin care.
Foarte bine de stiut! Super!!! Multumim mult!